About HDFC Demat Account
HDFC securities (HDFCsec) is Equity Trading Company of HDFC Bank. HDFC Securities provides both online trading and trading on the phone.
The HDFC Securities trading account has a unique 3-in-1 feature that integrates your HDFC Securities trading account. Along with your existing HDFC Bank savings account and existing Demat account.
Funds/shares are seamlessly moved from Demat/Bank account to execute the transactions. It provides Cash-n-Carry, Day trading, Trade on Futures & Options on the NSE and Online IPO Investment.
HDFC 3-in-1 Account
The Account offers seamless investment opportunities. It is a combination of a bank account, a trading account, and a Demat account. It links together all these accounts and operates seamlessly as 1 account.
When a customer buys a stock, it withdraws the money from the bank account and it deposits shares in the Demat account.
In the same way, when shares are sold using a trading account, the shares are withdrawn from the Demat account and money gets deposited in the HDFC Bank account.
How to open an account with HDFC Securities
For Online Stock Trading with HDFC, the investor needs to open 3 accounts; HDFC Bank Account, HDFC Trading Account and HDFC Demat Account. Opening a trading account with HDFC is easy. You could use one of the following options to open an account:
- Visit the HDFC website and fill the “Open Trading A/c” form.
- Call HDFC and tell them you are interested in opening an account with them.
In both the cases HDFC representatives contact you in a day or two and tell you about the procedure to open the account. They usually send somebody to your home to collect documents, signatures and for a demo, if required.
Document Required to open an account with HDFCsec
Any Indian resident/non-resident individual NRI (except for the US NRIs) or an Indian Corporate can register with HDFCsec. It requires the following documents to open an account with HDFCsec.
- One passport size photograph.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Identity proof – a copy of a passport or PAN card or voter ID or driving license or ration card.
- Address proof – a copy of the driving license or a passport or ration card or voter card or telephone bill or electricity bill or bank statement.
The HDFC Securities Account Opening Charges are very nominal which is Rs. 500 and it is a one time charge that needs to be paid at the time of opening the account.
HDFC Demat Account Login
HDFC Demat Account App Login Process
The more you get used to this app, the more you realize how perfectly planned it is. It offers some splendid options such as live market data, exhaustive portfolio, ease of trade, quick apply in IPO, etc.
The advanced features as well would serve you the best. Take the advice through the below steps and log in seamlessly.
- You need a Demat account with the company HDFC Securities in the first place
- The company will provide you with the login id and password.
- Follow the link of the OS you used to download the app, and when done, start it.
- After the app loads, get to the login page and enter in the id and password
- Now the app will prompt you to remake a password of your choice, do it and memorize it for further use.
This all is required for HDFC Securities App Login, and you will now be able to use the post-login features given in the app.
HDFC Demat Account Website Login
We understand some people are there who do not believe in apps and wish to do it the better way, in their desktops. For all you want, the company has got you covered.
HDFC Securities Website Login will fetch you to the hassle-free experience of getting the thing you yearn. Look out for the process.
- Get your hands on a Demat account before you move further.
- This shall unlock your way of using the services the company offers online.
- You need to then create a password if you haven’t already
There you have done all the needful to be able to use the dashboard the company has for its clients.
HDFC Securities Backoffice Login Process
You can take the help of the company itself to trace how the bids and orders are doing for you. Because, the HDFC Securities Backoffice Login is where you can actually download all the reports, tax information, holdings, profit and loss statements, etc.
Check out the procedure for login.
- Demat account is necessary in the first place.
- Fetch in the same client’s id and password you used earlier.
- Enter in the id and the password you have with you to download the needful
HDFC Demat Account Charges
About HDFC Demat Account
HDFC Securities provide both online trading and trading on the phone. The HDFC Securities trading account has a unique 3-in-1 feature that integrates your HDFC Securities trading account with your existing HDFC bank savings account and existing Demat account. Funds/shares are seamlessly moved from the linked Demat/Bank account to execute the transactions.
HDFC Securities is the top-notch stockbroking house that offers a variety of financial services to the investors. The company has some custom-made brokerage charges to charge from the customers according to their investment requirements and goals.
Demat Account Charges
It basically charges 0.50% for equity delivery trading, 0.05% for equity intraday trading, equity futures trading and currency futures trading. It’s brokerage charges for equity options and currency options trading are Rs.100 per lot or 1% of the premium and it can also take the higher amount as well.
Moreover, the stockbroking house does charge Rs300 per year for Demat account maintenance and Rs500 for trading account maintenance. The margin money taken by the company is a minimum of Rs25000.
|Charges||Amount (in Rupees)|
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||999/-|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee)||0/-|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0/-|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee)||750/-|
The company offers various investment products including-
- Equity trading
- Currency trading
- Mutual funds
How To Close Demat Account
Steps to Close a Demat Account
Without wasting much more time, let us more forward and talk about how you can close your Demat account. So, the following points would help you on how to close a Demat account easily.
Submit an Application
This is the first and a very well-known method to close a Demat Account. It includes:
- Form –
- You can find the application form on website of the DP.
- Details –
- You should mention the following details: The client ID and the DP ID, the details like the name and address that match the records and the reason for closing the account where all the holders have to sign the closure request form as well.
- A POA holder cannot sign the form if there is any.
- Transfer –
- If there is any fund in the account, you would need to give the details of the account.
- The funds would be transferred into that account then. Moreover, the transfer can take place by filling the delivery instruction slip (DIS) that would be before closing the account.
- Process –
- After submitting the form, it will take about 7 to 10 days to close the account.
- Charges –
- No charge is there to close the account.
- In case the account has any negative balance, you have to clear it before submitting the closure for Demat account. If the account is empty and you did not pay the maintenance fees. That is when the account has a negative balance. Moreover, if you apply without settling the negative balance, the DP can reject the request to close the account or even accept it with a disclaimer of charges.
- *You should submit the unused delivery Instruction booklet slip of the DP back there.